Thursday, July 9, 2009

Heads Will Roll!


Hello again, fellow spookables, to the Misadventures of the HalloweeNut. I do believe it’s time for a Movie Review. The movie: Sleepy Hollow!

I wound up watching the movie after a particularly painful incident involving me falling off a zip-line in a friend’s backyard (man, did that HURT!) After I calm down from my 12 foot plummet, I settled down to watch a movie and relax. Now Sleepy Hollow is one I’ve wanted to see for a VERY long time. Once my dad gave the OK, I settled down on a comfy couch in a dark room to watch Sleepy Hollow!

The Plot: We are introduced to Inspector Ichabod Crane (Johnny Depp), a detective in New York City, circa 1799. Ichabod’s scientific methods of investigation into crimes are way ahead of his time, and he’s considered crazy by his collogues. In order to get rid of the pesky Ichabod, the police chief sends to the town of Sleepy Hollow, where three people have been found, decapitated with an axe! It’s soon revealed the killer is non-other than the infamous Headless Horseman, the ghost of Hessian mercenary from the American Revolution. Now it’s up to Ichabod to stop the Horseman before he kills everyone in Sleepy Hollow. But how do you kill someone who’s already dead?

All in all, I’d give this great little horror film 4½ stars out of five. From the ultra creepy opening scene, to its blood-drenched climax, this film will put you in the Halloween mood anytime of year. A must-see for all Halloween fans!

Also, here's a link to nice yard haunt themed to this move:

The Legend of Sleepy Hollow

No comments:

Post a Comment