Monday, July 11, 2011

When life gives you pumpkins, you make pie

I was just contacted by a band called "Scarecrow Hill" via YouTube. I had named my haunt "Scarecrow Hill", thinking it was an original name. Turns out, these guys had copywrited it back in 2002. So they sent a very polite note kindly asking me to take down the video of the haunt. Now for the record, I respect these guys. They were very nice, not mean at all, and are actually VERY talented rock musicians. They're just doing what they have to do protect their name. I suppose they're doing me a favor - truth be told, I was never fully happy with the first video, so this gives me a chance to redo the video, and get a better product. If you want to check their particular flavor of aggressive rock, just search "ScarecrowHillTv" on YouTube. And keep an eye out for the new haunt video.

5 comments:

  1. Good luck with the new name! Keep us postetd.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow, I gotta admit that these guys must seriously have nothing better to do than see if anyone has used a term that is overused as it is. I better be sure no one else has used the terms "ghost hunting theories." Hee hee. Well, you just never know who's stalking, er, reading you.

    ReplyDelete
  3. That is the greatest guitar I've ever seen. Bet Prince wishes he would've gotten that one instead of the creepy white one Appollonia gave him.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Sorry to hear that. But I am glad you are looking forward to reworking the video. (The positive side to a not positive situation.) Looking forward to checking it out.

    Cheers!

    ReplyDelete
  5. That is one bad@$$ guitar, although I gotta disagree with Sean on this one. Prince's "cloud" guitar is actually pretty durned cool! So cool, in fact, that he's been playing variations of it in different colors for almost 30 years!

    ReplyDelete