Saturday, May 17, 2014

5th Anniversary Post

Well, here we are, Specters. Five years since the day I created this blog. I must admit, there were times, particularly when I was going through my struggles with my mental health, if I would ever reach this point. Yet, here I am. It's been a blast writing this blog, and I look forward to another five years. I look back on posts I had written, and while I cringe at the writing style, I think the blog acts as a marker of how I have evolved not only as a writer, but as a human being: my prose is a little classier, with Crypt Keeper-style puns few and far between; my taste in subject has swung from strictly Halloween-related, to horror, art, the occult, and all sorts of other things; it shows my slow transformation from a painfully shy high school freshman with lack of self-esteem and identity issues to a confident, powerful, self-reliant college student employed by an internationally-published magazine who has discovered his identity and has eveloped himself in the Gothic sensibility. I think this is reflected in my writing. I have found my own voice as writer, and while I still have a ways to go, I look forward to the journey ahead of me. There is much to accomplish, and I'm glad your along for the ride, Specters. Happy Anniversary.
Just for kicks, here's the first post of the blog:

1 comment: