Thursday, August 14, 2014

Damnation Most Vague

An original poem of mine. I hope you like it!

I am the shadow which moves down the street,
I am the silent plague,
I am the destroyer of worlds,
I am damnation most vague

I hear your ignorant scorn,
I hear your taunts and jeers,
But to you I bring one thing:
I bring you what you fear

I am the Monster you all want,
I am the freedom you despise,
And while you move to the Master’s drum
I mock you with my eyes

To Hell with your God! To Hell with your Satan!
These Masters I do not serve,
I blaze my own path
And I do so with great verve

I sit upon the skulls of the fallen
And bask in their ill fate,
I do not mourn for them
For they have earned my hate

Knives and razors and guns
And other delightful toys,
They do such an excellent job
Of cancelling out the noise

Of your “beauty” I want none
For it to me is dull,
And only the truly beautiful
Shall be safe from my wrathful cull

I am the shadow which moves down the street,
I am the silent plague,
I am the destroyer of worlds,
I am damnation most vague.

4 comments: