Wednesday, July 1, 2015

Cemetery Expedition - Fairmount Cemetery, Denver, CO

I'm back, Specters! I apologize for the delay in my returning to blogging, but I hope today's post will have been worth the wait. I had an amazing time with my friends August and Pandora Rose of Darkrose Manor. A huge shout out to them for being such gracious hosts and for allowing me to stay in the Manor's guest room. They are not only world class haunters, they're world class people. It was great to hang out and talk shop with them, and shoot the shit. I've come back massively inspired and geared up for the Halloween season, and can't wait to start building!

While I was in Denver, I was able to do a bit of cemetery photography at the Fairmount Cemetery. It has some truly amazing tombstones, crypts and mausoleums, and I wish I had been able to shoot more. In the meantime, enjoy the shots I was able to take:

Oh, the irony...









Not anymore!






















He's gone to that Black Lagoon in the sky...





Yes, No, Mabee so...





A rather eerie family plot I found. All of the headstones were marked with twigs in the shape of a cross, except for two, which had the sticks laid side by side. Interestingly, the two headstones were across from each other diagonally. Could it mean something?






















A truly impressive Chinese monument. 


A letter to the dead in the mouth of the beast.



















An awesome steampunk detail on one tombstone. 
Don't mind if I do!



Is it there to keep the living out, or the dead in?

This one is blank. Clearly they're expecting company...
























"Lizzie Borden took an ax..."
Church is dead...
...and so is Faith. 




Not yet, if I can help it.
Where's Costello?

Perfect Reading for a cemetery. 

No comments:

Post a Comment